For some inexplicable reason, each of us tends to believe that we are immune to catastrophic events, including diseases, natural disasters, and crimes. Unfortunately, we carry that same naivete over to guarding our technology. Just as we think that no harm will befall us personally, even though it does, we believe that are computers are also immune – even though we have no reason to believe that they are.
Eye-opening Ransomware Statistics
Some people are motivated by statistics that evidence growing vulnerability. Others become motivated when disaster strikes someone they know. Still others do nothing until they have become infected or affected. We hope the following statistics will increase your awareness of the reality that you can become a victim of a ransomware attack.
- There are more than 4,000 ransomware attacks reported every day.
- It is estimated that less than 25% of attacks are report.
- 30,000 to 50,000 digital devises are infected with ransomware each month.
- The amount of money paid in ransom increased dramatically from 2015 to 2016.
More Convincing Statistics
Ransom paid is only part of the problem. Ransomware attacks cause expensive downtime for businesses.
- 63% of business attacked by ransomware suffered downtime.
- 34% lost money as a result of the downtime alone.
- 20% were forced to close permanently.
Small Business Are Not Immune
Myth: “My business is too small for anyone to bother attacking.”
Fact: A recent survey reported that, on average, small businesses lose an aggregate of $8,500 per downtime hour. That is an annual total of $75 billion.
These statistics may not alarm you. They should. You need to take the necessary precautions to protect your business and your home computers from ransom attacks.
Yes, you should be concerned about your computer system security, but you should also know that you are not alone and defenseless in the computer world. Tech Sentries is always on duty. Contact us today to learn how we can help you “GUARD YOUR TECHNOLOGY” (843-282-2222).